Over the top and stupid expensive for sneakers. Is it bad that I would love a pair? It would take my douchebag status to a whole new level.
Nike Air Yeezy II Sneakers
Kanye West’s new sneakers, which retail for $250 (and will likely resale for wayyyy more), got an official release date today: June 9. Of course all the cool kids have already nabbed a pair: LeBron James was spotted at a press conference rocking black Air Yeezys while Jay-Z chose the gray — sorry, “platinum” — version.
But for all you sneakerheads still waiting around for your own Kanye kicks, here are some fun facts from Nike.com to keep you sated until June 9:
- The style was inspired by late ’80s basketball sneakers, Nike Air tennis shoes and the “iconic Nike Cross Training silhouettes.”
- The sides are covered with “hand skived anaconda textured leather quarter panels.”
- “Fit was essential to the design with the goal to make the shoe slimmer than the original by tailoring it to Kanye West’s foot.” (Emphasis ours.)
- They look like two small dinosaurs on your feet.
In short, they are very “Kanye” sneakers. Which isn’t to say we’re not fans: if we had to choose between the Nike Air Yeezy II and Kanye’s $6,000 Giuseppe Zanotti heels, we’d choose the former — they look way more comfortable.
6 Notes/ Hide
- orangetweed reblogged this from noo-se
- orangetweed likes this
- designmadesimple likes this
- noo-se reblogged this from weareoskar
- jbgfx reblogged this from weareoskar and added:
- phibious reblogged this from weareoskar
- weareoskar posted this